Re: [linux-lvm] LVM and RAID

On Tue, Nov 04 '03 at 12:49, Tobias Gablunsky wrote:
> I didn't find clear information about how to use LVM on an (Software)
> RAID-Mirror (or RAID-5). All I found, were problems: LVM uses Partition Type
> 0x8E but Linux Soft-RAID uses 0xFD - this dosn't look very compatible...
Well, it just works. You make an autodetection softRAID (e.g. partition
type 0xFD) and make that a PV.

No need to have partition type 0x8e. LVM does not care about the
partition type, and you don't even have a partition type on softRAID.
--
/"\ Goetz Bock at blacknet dot de  --  secure mobile Linux everNETting
\ /                     (c) 2003 as GNU FDL 1.1