Re: [linux-lvm] Can I dd one disc of a lv

Tobias Wagener wrote:

After I switched the new disc to the "hdX" of the old one?

Yes. You can remove the old disk after the dd_rescue is done.

Or in which way knows the lvm to use the new disc?

I believe vgcfgrestore does that. If you don't want to (or can't) move the disks around, check the -o option.

If you want to, you can use the LVM2 pvcreate instead, to create the new disk with the PVUUID from the old one. pvdisplay /dev/olddisk tells you the ID.

   / Rickard Olsson,IT-Konsult/
  / Telefon: +46 70 635 01 42/
 / http://www.webhackande.se/