[linux-lvm] pvscan cant find my volume..

Hi,

This started out when I rebooted my machine. Prior to the reboot I ran fsck on the lvm-filesystem and got quite alot of errors.

My vg contains three hdds:
hdc, hde and hdf.

----------------
[root mircosoft /mnt]# vgscan
vgscan -- reading all physical volumes (this may take a while...)
vgscan -- ERROR "vg_read_with_pv_and_lv(): current PV" can't get data of volume group "the_data" from physical volume(s)
vgscan -- "/etc/lvmtab" and "/etc/lvmtab.d" successfully created
vgscan -- WARNING: This program does not do a VGDA backup of your volume group
-----------------

This error I've seen quite a few times in this list, however, as many replies are suggesting - running "pvcreate -ff" - does not help.
Why?

--------------
[root mircosoft /mnt]# pvcreate -ff /dev/hdc
pvcreate -- device "/dev/hdc" has a partition table

And, to my surprise, dmesg, reports that hdc has a hdc1 (not that I can remember ever creating one... ), but anyway, how can I bypass this?

Some extras:

[root mircosoft /mnt]# pvdisplay /dev/hdc
pvdisplay -- no physical volume identifier on "/dev/hdc"

(But it works fine on hde and hdf).

Im very grateful for any help!

--grazzy.