[linux-lvm] Data corruption after an lvm snapshot

We are using SLES 8 sp2 to host an 9.2.0.3 database on Linux/390 (31-bit).
We are using the -s option of lvcreate (snapshot) for use as a backup. After
the snapshot the _source_ data is corrupted. An fsck reports that the
filesystems are ok, but a dbverify reports corrupt header blocks. Does
anyone have any experience using snapshot to create backup images for their
databases? Has this been encountered before?

+
 | Chris Little                chris little okdhs org                      |
 | Ok Dept of Human Services   Data Services Division  (405)522-1306       |
+