Re: [linux-lvm] return from lvm2 to lvm

guy cadoche wrote:

I want to return to kernel-2.4 and as the patch for device-mapper is not include in the kernel core, cannot mount the lvm disk.
it search for device-mapper (modprobe) and not for lvm-mod
I unmerge lvm2 and device-mapper...still the same.
Is there a way to return to use lvm-mod under kernel-2.4.22 ???

Try doing a vgchange -a n, vgchange -a y to re-create the device nodes before you mount the LV. I went back from lvm2 to lvm1 and now I have to do this every restart. mkvgnodes does not help, BTW.

   / Rickard Olsson,IT-Konsult/
  / Telefon: +46 70 635 01 42/
 / http://www.webhackande.se/