[linux-lvm] LVM question

John Diana jdiana at us.ibm.com
Wed Oct 15 15:56:01 UTC 2003

Heinz,

In this news article
http://lists.sistina.com/pipermail/linux-lvm/2001-June/007667.html  you
mentioned "BTW: future versions of the LVM will probably have uuid support
on the
command line like for eg. "vgchange -ay -u VolumeGroupUUID
VolumeGroupName".

Does this exist yet?
I am in a situation where I have a storage subsystem which is capable of
making copies of disks completely by itself and it would be  handy for
smaller shops if the subsystem could make a copy of the underlying disks
of a VG and then those disks could be brought online on the same host as
another VG. I am at version 1.0.5-45

I can do this with AIX and recreatevg command and I am thinking the above
would get me close to getting it done with Linux.

Thanks,

John W. Diana
IBM San Integration Test
jdiana at us.ibm.com