Re: [linux-lvm] Software mirror with LVM

On Sat, Sep 06, 2003 at 01:20:12PM +0800, Tan, Hong King wrote:
Greetings,

I am proposing a ML350 server with internal raid and another raid
controller(Smart Array 5302) connected to StorageWorks Enclosure 4314.

The internal raid is configured as RAID 1 across 2 drives and the external
raid is configured as RAID 5 acroos 3 drives.

Can I use LVM to perform a software mirror between the internal raid and
external raid volumes or I would need 3-party software like Veritas
Foundation Suite for Linux ?

no you cannot use lvm to do mirroring, you can do striping with it,
or just use space from the two storage to form a single volume group.
I would not mix internal and external storage anyway if i were in you.
if you need the space on a single server buy a server with more slots...

L.

--
Luca Berra -- bluca comedia it
       Communication Media & Services S.r.l.