[linux-lvm] FYI: Going back to LVM1 from LVM2

For various reasons (when I fix it, I'll Tell the Tale) I installed LVM2 today. It didn't solve my immediate problems, so I tried to go back to LVM1. However, the dev/vg_name/lv_name node had disappeared and even though both vgchange -ay, vgscan, lvscan and pvscan all reported seeing the lv fine, mount could not find it.

A reboot did not help. Panic lurked.

However, vgchange -an followed by vgchange -ay helped.

   / Rickard Olsson,IT-Konsult/
  / Telefon: +46 70 635 01 42/
 / http://www.webhackande.se/