Re: [linux-lvm] LVM - Multipath / Failover

On Donnerstag, 25. September 2003 13:59, Eduardo Dias wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am looking for any information about LVM with multipathing for failover
> and/or load balance, but I just found information using LVM and RAID. I
> would like  to know if is possible to configure a VG with 2 paths to access
> the same disk device without using RAID? I have a RH 7.3 (2.4.18) and AS
> 2.1 (2.4.x).
> The sorage has been connected on a SAN enviroment.

We are also using Multipathing in a SAN environment with suse 8.2. The
solution we used was to create a multipath md raid-device. On top of this
multipath device we build further abstraction layers like a software raid 1
also using the standard raid tools. Works great for us.

Rainer
Rainer Krienke, Universitaet Koblenz, Rechenzentrum, Raum A022
Universitaetsstrasse 1, 56070 Koblenz, Tel: +49 261287 -1312, Fax: -1001312
Mail: krienke uni-koblenz de, Web: http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~krienke
Get my public PGP key: http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~krienke/mypgp.html