[linux-lvm] Stable Mirror Target?

Rupert Hair rupert.hair at ntlworld.com
Tue Apr 13 14:29:18 UTC 2004

Just a quick question:  Is there a stable DM mirror target for 2.6?

More detail (in case I'm being silly and don't need the mirror target):

I got the following error from pvmove:
	"device-mapper ioctl cmd 9 failed: Invalid argument"
And from the LVM mailing list archives I found that I need the DM mirror
target to use pvmove in LVM2.  The kernel I'm using (debian testing's
2.6.3-1-k7) does not have a mirror target module or an option in the kernel
source.  I found some kernel patches here:
	http://people.sistina.com/~thornber/patches/
But there is not very much documentation on the status of this code.  Have
other LVM2 users had good experiences with the mirror target patches
available in the 2.6-unstable/ directory?

Thanks for your time,

Rupert