[linux-lvm] lvmcreate_initrd missing in lvm2?

Jeffrey Layton jtlayton at poochiereds.net
Thu Apr 15 18:34:11 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-15 at 08:48, Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The mentionned script creates an symlink to busybox from linuxrc.
> In this case what is the contents / action of such a script ?
>
> --
> Regards
> 		- Jean-Luc

It won't do anything since it creates the symlink under /bin on the
initrd image. A quick look at the busybox sources seems to indicate that
it will behave like a mini-implementation of 'init'. So if you created
an /etc/inittab and make the link a /linuxrc it would prob. behave like
'init'.

Most of what I've read seems to indicate that the /linuxrc thingy is
being deprecated though, and that most things should use '/sbin/init'
instead. That's what this script does. Not sure what the kernel does if
you have a /linuxrc _and_ a /sbin/init though...

I'll go ahead and remove the linuxrc link from my hosted copy of the
script...

-- Jeff