Re: [linux-lvm] OS (Debian Sarge) reinstall led to my lvm partitions being marked 82 "Linux swap!"

On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 12:29:55AM -0500, Mike Roark wrote:

> I'm tempted to try changing the partition type using fdisk or cfdisk,
> but I'd like to be certain that it will only change the partition type
> and not touch anything else before I try it, so I'm appealing here first
> for any lvm-ish wisdom that you can offer.

Just changing the partition type is perfectly safe - provided you don't change
any other partition parameters! if the partition type is wrong then LVM1 will
fail to recognise the VGs so that sounds like it is your problem.

--

patrick