[linux-lvm] LVM and multiple HBA ports

Chris Croswhite csc at cadence.com
Wed Apr 21 17:01:05 UTC 2004

If you are using SDD with ESS, according to the manual, SDD does not
work with any volume manager (pg 186).  I have tried w/EVMS and sure
enough and SDD 1.5.0.3-9, the device fails with any kind of lun
failure.  This is why I had to use the kernel multipathing.  The
unfortunate part, I can not figure out how to reclaim a failed path to
allow it work again once it has been failed.