[linux-lvm] OS (Debian Sarge) reinstall led to my lvm partition being marked 82 "Linux swap!"

Mike Roark msroark at pobox.com
Thu Apr 22 04:05:19 UTC 2004

> Just changing the partition type is perfectly safe - provided you don't change
> any other partition parameters! if the partition type is wrong then LVM1 will
> fail to recognise the VGs so that sounds like it is your problem.
>

> -- patrick

Patrick,
	Thanks for the advice. I was too afraid to try it, but after your input
and some other people I know I gave it a shot and vgscan picked up the
volume on the first try. Problem solved. I have also opened a bug with
Debian over the potential issue with their new installer.
			Thanks again,

				-Mike