Re: [linux-lvm] About extending partiton with lvm+ext3

Le 27.04.2004 00:29:21, Heinz Mauelshagen a écrit :
On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 09:59:54PM +0300, Vahric MUHTARYAN wrote:
> Hi Everybody ,
> I'm reading lvm-how to and I wonder those any tools like e2fsadm ,
> ext2resize ?!! in Redhat ... Because I want to exten ext3
> Does command for only ext2 ?!

You can resize an ext3 filesystem with the resize2fs command. Both enlarge or shrink it.
But : this is allowed only on an *offline* (umounted) filsystem, resize2fs doesnt take care of the underlaying partition, you have to enlarge the partition (logical volume) before an enlarge operation or shrink it after a shrink operation.

man 8 resize2fs

      resize2fs - ext2/ext3 file system resizer

[ ... ]

Do the operation as following: -unmount the logical volume holding the filesystem you want to enlarge -lvwextend to enlarge the partition -resize2fs to enlarge the filesystem -remount the logical volume

		- Jean-Luc

> > # export E2FSADM_RESIZE_CMD=ext2resize > # e2fsadm /dev/ops/batch -L+500M > > Thanks Everybody ... > Vahric

Heinz    -- The LVM Guy --