Re: [linux-lvm] About extending partiton with lvm+ext3

Le 27.04.2004 00:29:21, Heinz Mauelshagen a écrit :
On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 09:59:54PM +0300, Vahric MUHTARYAN wrote:
> Hi Everybody ,
>
> I'm reading lvm-how to and I wonder those any tools like e2fsadm ,
> ext2resize ?!! in Redhat ... Because I want to exten ext3
>
> Does command for only ext2 ?!

Yes.

You can resize an ext3 filesystem with the resize2fs command. Both enlarge or shrink it.
But : this is allowed only on an *offline* (umounted) filsystem, resize2fs doesnt take care of the underlaying partition, you have to enlarge the partition (logical volume) before an enlarge operation or shrink it after a shrink operation.

man 8 resize2fs

<<
RESIZE2FS(8)

NAME
      resize2fs - ext2/ext3 file system resizer

[ ... ]

Do the operation as following: -unmount the logical volume holding the filesystem you want to enlarge -lvwextend to enlarge the partition -resize2fs to enlarge the filesystem -remount the logical volume

--
		- Jean-Luc

--

Regards,