[linux-lvm] Newbie questions about LVM

David Mohr damailings at mcbf.net
Fri Dec 3 04:30:12 UTC 2004

Hi,
while I'm not able to really answer your question (I'm not that LVM
knowledgeable), but you are lacking some bit of crucial information:

On Thu, 2004-12-02 at 18:12 -0800, Gwen Morse wrote:
> However, that looks like it mostly deals with a single
> hard drive being copied to another single hard drive.
> We have a raid array, which looks like it's covered
> more under this:
> http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO/recipemovevgtonewsys.html

There is a big difference if this array is hardware or software based.
If you can provide that piece of information, people will be able to
help you better.

~David