[linux-lvm] lvm/fs issue

Rosenstrauch, David david.rosenstrauch at csfb.com
Tue Dec 21 15:47:03 UTC 2004

> On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 03:19:49PM -0000, Rosenstrauch, David wrote:
> > Hi.  Having an odd problem with lvm and/or my file system.
> Can anyone offer
> > any ideas what might be wrong?
> >

> The data is fine - it's LVM trying to read the extended
> partition (which
> contains no data).
>
> Simply exclude /dev/sda3 using a filter in /etc/lvm/lvm.conf.
>
> --
>
> patrick

OK - that's easy enough to do.

I was just about to write  "Not sure why I just started seeing this only
recently, though".  But then I realized that my distro just upgraded to LVM
2.00.31 last Monday (12/13).  As I shutdown every Friday and reboot every
Monday, that explains why yesterday was the first time I would have seen this.

Thanks for the help!

DR

P.S.  LVM has been working great for me.  Kudos and thanks to everyone who's
worked hard to provide such a great tool to the community!