[linux-lvm] lvm/fs issue

Rosenstrauch, David david.rosenstrauch at csfb.com
Tue Dec 21 17:22:23 UTC 2004

Hmm.  I guess I didn't quite understand that then.  I knew that you could have
a LV that spans multiple PV's (which is what I figured was the whole point of
LVM - you could just keep throwing more PV's at an LV as your space needs
grew), but I didn't know that you could have a PV that gets split across
multiple LV's.  I guess I just assumed (don't know why) that each PV had to be
dedicated to 1 and only 1 LV.

Thanks for setting me straight then.  No real big problem for me the way I
have it now, though.  I guess I might suffer a little bit performance-wise,
but this is my desktop development machine, not a server, so no huge loss.
Good to have my facts straight for the future, though.

Thanks again,

DR