[linux-lvm] LVM2 full disk & Grub

Alasdair G Kergon agk at redhat.com
Thu Feb 12 19:14:10 UTC 2004

On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 03:27:48PM -0800, Ling Li wrote:
> However, grub needs more than 3 sectors (in my system, 16 sectors),

The number 4 is a compile time parameter - you could make it bigger if
you wanted to.

  lib/label/label.h:   #define LABEL_SCAN_SECTORS 4L

I wonder if it's sensible to add an offset parameter, so it skips the
first X sectors, or if it could recognise grub.

> By the way, is there an LVM2 howto available somewhere?
Not yet.  But we've just started to update the existing HOWTO to
cater for LVM2.

Alasdair
agk at redhat.com