[linux-lvm] Segmentation fault of LVM2

Lu Jian jian_lu at usish.com
Thu Feb 19 09:54:48 UTC 2004

Hi all,

When I use lvm commands, there is always "Segmentation fault" appears.
I tried to use GDB to trace the pvcreate command, found when it run at
locking.c:: _block_signals(int flags); the error:
"Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault" happened.

I have modified below files before 'make install' to remove compile
errors:
usr/include/signal.h:151:typedef __sighandler_t sig_t; /*add this line*/

usr/include/sys/select.h:38://typedef __sigset_t sigset_t; /*remove this
line*/

My platform is Redhat 9.0, and the kernel is 2.4.21 with
device-mapper1.0.

Do these modifications cause  the segmentation fault?  How can I solve
it?
Thank you very much!

-Lu, Jian