[linux-lvm] Can I read data from lvm without all PV?

Chairman chairman at catkitty.com
Fri Jan 2 08:34:01 UTC 2004

Hi:
    There is a serious problem for me for 2 weeks, I hope someone could give some advice....
    I have a LV(LVM 1) formed by 4 PV on 4 HD Drives, formatted using reiserfs.
    Now 1 drive broken, but I can't get a replace drive.
    Then I try fix disk with reiserfsck, no use...
    Then I try fix disk with: reiserfsck --rebuild-tree, but got a fail info.
    I try many times, with LVM 2's" vgchange -P -ay " command, but also can't rebuildtree.
    So I can't access these data now.
    Some data on it is important, so I want to copy the data on 3 remained drive out.

    Who can give me some advice on how to get the remained data out?
    Whether my data is already lost at all?

    Thanks for read this msg!

                                                                Wang
                                                                Chairman at catkitty.com