[linux-lvm] forcing scan

Dan Bar Dov danb at voltaire.com
Mon Jan 19 10:07:01 UTC 2004

I have 2 systems connected to the same storage. I automate the storage
discovery and the lvm discovery on startup.

I removed a PV all the way, dding the disks 1st block, on system A.
I then wanted to re-discover my lvm status on ssytem B.

Whatever I did, lvscan -D, vgscan, pvscan, nothing got rid of the indication
that the cleared disk is a PV. The only thing that worked was to rmmod
lvm-mod and insmoding it again. Then the scans worked, but it is
unacceptable since there are other active VGs.

I'm pretty sure there is a way to "force" real rediscovery. If only I could
find it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dan