[linux-lvm] dm kernel patch size

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Tue Jul 6 21:44:29 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 10:17:38PM +0100, Alasdair G Kergon alleged:
> On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 01:56:23PM -0700, Garrick Staples wrote:
> > Do the dm targets require the mm patchset?  Is it possible to get _just_ the
> > new dm targets?
>
> Yes - instead of applying the entire included -mm patch, take the dm patches
> from the "broken out" version on his website:
>
>   http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/
>
> [Or work from Linus's bk tree, if you just want snapshot and pvmove.]

The only dm-related patch in 2.6.7-mm6 that I can see is the new IO barrier
patch.

I don't want to follow any development trees, including Linus'.  Can I get just
the dm targets for 2.6.7 vanilla kernel.org?

University of Southern California