[linux-lvm] Restore partial volume group

Stéphane Danel stephane.danel at iosmd.com
Wed Jul 28 14:13:44 UTC 2004

Hi,

one disk crashed in a volume group which have 2 disks.

Heinz told me
"With the missing disk, you need LVM2 (eg, in Fedora > 1) to access
the non-quorum VG."

I installed LVM 2 , it tells me that it expects 2 disks.

    #vgscan
 Reading all physical volumes.  This may take a while...
  1 PV(s) found for VG MonGroupeVolume: expected 2
  Volume group "MonGroupeVolume" not found

    #pvscan
  1 PV(s) found for VG MonGroupeVolume: expected 2
  PV /dev/hdc1    is in exported VG MonGroupeVolume [28.51 GB / 18.51 GB
free]
  Total: 1 [18.51 GB] / in use: 1 [18.51 GB] / in no VG: 0 [0   ]

    #lvscan
  1 PV(s) found for VG MonGroupeVolume: expected 2
  Volume group "MonGroupeVolume" not found

    # pvdisplay
  1 PV(s) found for VG MonGroupeVolume: expected 2
  Physical volume "/dev/hdc1" of volume group "MonGroupeVolume" is exported
  --- Physical volume ---
  PV Name               /dev/hdc1
  VG Name               MonGroupeVolume (exported)
  PV Size               28.51 GB / not usable 4.22 MB
  Allocatable           yes
  PE Size (KByte)       4096
  Total PE              7298
  Free PE               4738
  Allocated PE          2560
  PV UUID               Wpa9Ti-SAI0-rhCh-03K6-7D55-m7XA-42Twvh

What I have to do now without mistakes ?

Is it possible to attach this physical volume to another VG and get his
datas ?

thank you,

Stéphane Danel