Re: [linux-lvm] vgcfgbackup: backup of several VGs into one file fails

On Sat, Jun 19, 2004 at 01:45:32PM +0200, Hauke Laging wrote:
> I just tried to make a backup of all my VGs into one file using the
> following command:

LVM2 text metadata files can only only hold a single VG at the moment.
vgcfgbackup should enforce that, but doesn't - I'll fix it.

The long-term plan is to allow them to hold multiple VGs but the
library certainly doesn't support that yet.

I'll think about it a bit and add a different extension to vgcfgbackup
to make it easy to back up everything at once (maybe filename prefix or
template option).

Alasdair
--
agk redhat com