Re: [linux-lvm] LVM2 seems to chop performance by 33%

On Sun, Jun 20, 2004 at 07:17:58PM +0100, David Greaves wrote:
> No-one ever replied as to why blockdev --setra / --getra is not the same
> as that displayed in lvdisplay
> And it's not documented that I can find. There's a comment: "Not used by
> device-mapper." And that means.....?

Any LVM read ahead setting is ignored by LVM2 i.e. not passed to the kernel.

If it's demonstrated to be useful it could still be implemented, but
the current development priorities are still correctness and new features
rather than performance.

Alasdair
--
agk redhat com