[linux-lvm] 2.6.7 and snapshots

Kevin Corry kevcorry at us.ibm.com
Tue Jun 22 19:10:14 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 22 June 2004 1:28 pm, Donald Thompson wrote:
> Sorry I'm getting desperate...
>
> Whats the status on dm patches for 2.6.7? The patches available for
> 2.6.7-rc3 (the latest I've been able to obtain) don't insert cleanly into
> a vanilla 2.6.7 and its looking like it might be very difficult to hand
> patch the rejects. Due to security issues with 2.6.6, I'm very eager to
> get the 2.6.7 kernel installed, but I'm held back due to a snapshot
> requirement. I'm happy to test 'untested' patches if need be. If its a
> matter of man hours to port the patches to 2.6.7, I can help with that as
> well, but being lazy I'd rather not reinvent the wheel if something is
> already available or going to be soon.

I would recommend simply grabbing the latest -bk or -mm patch for 2.6.7. Most
of what you're interested in will be in that patch, and will be in 2.6.8
whenever it is released. The only reason you'll need -udm at this point is if
you are using/testing dm-multipath.

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/snapshots/patch-2.6.7-bk5.bz2

--
Kevin Corry