Re: [linux-lvm] Resize VG

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 04:57:58PM +0200, Mimmus wrote:
Does LVM support extending LUN size?
LVM1 does not support extending lun size.

I extended size of an existing LUN from my disk-array manager but vgdisplay
shows me always the original size (with no free physical extents). No change
if I reboot, I need to destroy and re-create volume group.

did you partition the lun or are you using a whole device?
in the former case you can add a second partition, in the latter your
only chance is to reduce the lun again and assign the space as a new
lun, iirc you should be able to allocate more than one lun from the same disk group. i
am not that sure about reducing.
Watch out for the maximum number of sd devices in the kernel which is probably limited to 40 (CONFIG_SD_EXTRA_DEVS)

L.

-- Luca Berra -- bluca comedia it Communication Media & Services S.r.l. /"\ \ / ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN X AGAINST HTML MAIL / \