Re: [linux-lvm] Adding xfs module to the initrd-lvm

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 04:29:11PM +0100, Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to add the xfs module to the lvm created by
> lvmcreate_initrd.
>
> Is there a mean to do that easily?
> So I have to mount and existing one and add the module by hand?

I suspect that's the easiest way if that's what you really need to do.

> So I have to use the standard initrd tools?

You could edit the existing lvmcreate_initrd to add the module (look for lvm-mod
and write some similar code underneath it).

But the easiest way, by far, is to have your kernel with XFS compiled into it
rather than as a module!

Patrick