[linux-lvm] Re: upgrade from kernel 2.4 to 2.6

Derrick 'dman' Hudson dman at dman13.dyndns.org
Sat Mar 6 11:02:00 UTC 2004

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 10:54:21PM -0500, Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:

[upgrading from 2.4+lvm2 to 2.6+lvm2, vg isn't found, boot fails]

| ---- booting with kernel 2.6.3
| filters/filter-composite.c:22 vgscan  Using /dev/hdb1
| device/dev-io.c:315 vgscan  Opened /dev/hdb1
| label/label.c:174 vgscan  /dev/hdb1: No label detected
| device/dev-io.c:339 vgscan  Closed /dev/hdb1
| label/label.c:266 vgscan  <backtrace>
| toollib.c:298 vgscan  No volume groups found
| ----

| Any ideas as to why it doesn't find the lvm label with kernel 2.6?
| What should I do to try correcting it?

Well, I blasted the disk and started over using 2.6 from the beginning
this time.  That really shouldn't be necessary.  Whatever.  I have
that machine working now.

-D

--
You have heard the saying that if you put a thousand monkeys in a room with a
thousand typewriters and waited long enough, eventually you would have a room

www: http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/            jabber: dman at dman13.dyndns.org