[linux-lvm] LVM2-Snapshot

Hello,

I have problems when I try to create a snapshot of a logical volume
under LVM2 (Kernel 2.6.3). I get the following messages after using
"lvcreate -s -l 227 -n snap /dev/vg1/lv1":

device_mapper ioctl cmd 9 failed: Invalid argument
Couldn't load device 'vg1-snap'.
Problem reactivating origin lv1

How can I solve that?

Using google, I found that snapshots under LVM2 and Kernel 2.6 generally
do not work. I hope that that is no longer true, is it?

Christoph