Re: [linux-lvm] LVM2-Snapshot

On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 17:20, Joe Thornber wrote:

> The snapshot target isn't in vanilla 2.6 yet, use my udm (unstable dm)
> tree if you want that functionality.
>
> http://people.sistina.com/~thornber/dm/
>
> I _hope_ to submit this to lkml within the next month.

Is there any chance to tweak lvm in the mean time, so that it doesn't
/try/ to take a snapshot? I was forced to reboot to recover access to an
LV after trying to take a snapshot. There was no indication that
snapshots are broken under 2.6 either - a note in the LVM README would
be really handy.

Most importantly, though, an informative error message would be
invaluable.

Craig Ringer