Re: [linux-lvm] VGs gone!

--- Austin Gonyou <austin coremetrics com> wrote:
> You should not have recreated the lvmtab without
> backing up the total
> config, and restoring it after dding the partitions
> back.

The problem seems to have been that the mirrored
standard root partition didn't have a /proc mount
point.  Once I created the /proc directory and
manually mounted it I was able to run vgscan without
any problems.  Basically, I did:

# mkdir /proc
# mount -t proc proc /proc
# vgscan
# vgdisplay
# mount -a

and everything worked.

I hear you saying that there's a better way for me to
backup my system.  Right now I'm just rsync-ing from
each of the partitions on the primary drive to the
secondary drive.  Is there something I should do at
"mirror" time to facilitate the lvm setup coming up
better next time?