Re: [linux-lvm] How to associate two paths for each EMC device?

On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 12:21:51PM -0500, Shan Jing wrote:
> I have 22  EMC symmetrix disks on two HBA links.  At this moment, there is no working copy of EMC powerpath or HP Securepath available for my kernel (2.4.21-112-itanium2-smp); therefore, I have to use the luns directly with lvm without any DMP software in the middle.
>
> Without DMP software, there are two set of 22 luns, each representing one HBA path.  See blow.

Can you set your HBA driver to do failover?   ie: something like this
in modules.conf:

options qla2300 ql2xfailover=1 ql2xmaxqdepth=64

This works well for my servers connected to a CX-series array. :)   The
driver handles failing between HBAs (active-passive), and only has the
LUN presented once to the system.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"I didn't know Allman was a stand-up comedian ..."