[linux-lvm] LVM2 over RAID-5 (AMD64)

Jeffrey Layton jtlayton at poochiereds.net
Mon Mar 29 19:02:50 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-29 at 10:25, Jan Kasprzak wrote:
> 	Hello,
>
> 	I have problems creating a LV on top of SW RAID-5 volume.
> I have Fedora Core 1/AMD64, and LVM2 utils 2.00.08-5 RPM from the latest
> Fedora Core beta (1.90, I think). My kernel is 2.6.4. The problem is that
> 1) Metadata version 2 does not work at all, and

This is a little sparse on details, but you may have the problem I hit,
which was not having set up lvm.conf to exclude the underlying devices.
LVM2 (at least its current iteration) doesn't automagically exclude
devices that underly an MD set.

You might try setting a filter in lvm.conf that excludes everything but
MD devices, e.g.:

filter = [ "a|^/dev/md|", "r|.*|" ]

Not sure if this works at all with LVM1, though.

Of course, I could be completely wrong here, and your problem is
something else entirely...

-- Jeff