[linux-lvm] VGs not detected at startup

hi all,

I'm running lvm2.00.25 on kernel 2.6.9, but I have problems with
detecting the VGs.Immediately after bootup, vgscan returns: no volume
groups found, same for lvscan and pvscan. I have my root
partition on my Primary IDE-Drive (hda) and the VGs lie on the
serial-ATA-Drive (sda).

Now after I run fdisk on /dev/sda (just run it an quit again). all my
VGs mysteriously appear on the next vgscan.

I guess I'm missing something, but I can't see what. Does anyone know
this problem?

Thanks in advance

markus

--