[linux-lvm] Possible version problem

Well
I have a 2.2.20 kernel, (Debian stable), and I have a Debian package for lvm10 and lvm-common:

lvm10, install version, 1.0.4-4

lvm-common, install version, 1.5.5

I read that, for this early a version, a kernel module must be installed. However, I see no evidence that
one has been installed. I suspect that the new, (lvm), package may not contain the kernel module
necessary to run with the old kernel version. Please confirm.

I assume that the process of installing a package under Debian automatically installs a kernel
module if a given package requires it and contains it.

I am setting up a MythTV system for home usage, and would like to gain the benefits of LVM.

Sincerely,
Erich Flothmeier