Re: [linux-lvm] 'vgscan' at boot-up

David S. wrote:

I'm using lvm2-2.00.15 and device-mapper-1.00.17 on a Slackware (x86)
system, with a 2.6.9 kernel and udev-026.  I've created a volume
group and a logical volume without any trouble, but the file system
I built on the volume won't mount at boot-up.  That's apparently
because the 'vgscan' program run from the system initialization
script does not find an volume groups.  After the system boots,
'vgscan' works fine.  I can get the file system mounted by putting

	/sbin/vgscan 2>/dev/null
	sleep 10
	/sbin/vgchange -ay
	/sbin/mount -a

in 'rc.local'.  Does anyone have a idea why 'vgscan' would fail
in the sytem initialization script, but succeed in 'rc.local'?

David S.