Re: [linux-lvm] VGs not detected at startup

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 02:46:31PM +0100, Markus Wiedmer - FHBB wrote:
> I now found a work-around that seems to work so far. In the
> LVM-Start-Script I just put "mount /dev/sda5 || true" before the vgscan. it
> looks like after a mount-command the system suddenly finds the VG.
> strange...

Apologies if this is something that's already been discussed (if so I missed it), and also
for saying something that you've almost definitely covered but......

Check to see if there's any autoloading of modules, or anything, going on as a result of the
mount/fdisk?

Also (instead of the mount) does a 'dd' work?  E.g. dd if=/dev/sda of=/dev/null bs=512
count=1?

That's going to be faster & probably less intrusive.

Graham