[linux-lvm] Snapshost status in vanilla 2.6.9?

Hi -

I haven't been able to find much info on this, but it seems to me that in the vanilla 2.6.9 LVM2 snapshots do not work.

I'm trying to figure out what is the best path for me to take - I need the 2.6.9 vanilla kernel, should I just stick to LVM1 if I need snapshots, or is there some significant drawback to doing this?

Thanks,

Grisha