Re: [linux-lvm] Software RAID 5 Resizing and LVM

Oh yes :)

It now has an 'add new disk to raid5 array and rebuild parity whilst keeping your data' feature :)
It has to be done 'offline'.

I'm actually just installing it at the moment.

see:
http://evms.sourceforge.net/user_guide/#resizemdreg

also:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=evms-devel&w=2&r=1&s=raid5&q=b

David

Scott Serr wrote:

I have lvm2 on RAID5. With scratch disks you can do pvmoves to move extents off the RAID stripe onto a scratch disk. Then redo the raid stripe wider (more disks). Then move the extents back. If you're (clever) adding a disk and it's partitioned up a little you can use some of the partitions as "scratch" while bringing other partitions into the raid.

Does EVMS have something more elegant? That would be nice.

-Scott