Re: [linux-lvm] Re: partition strategy

On Wednesday 01 September 2004 04:09 pm, Arshavir Grigorian wrote:

> Arshavir Grigorian wrote:

> > Is it better to create 3 partitions 2 x230G + 1G - create a striped LV
> > over the first 2, then add the third to the volume group, then extend
> > the LV over to the new 1G extension (since LVM2 allows extending
> > striped lv-s). And if so, does the non-striped area get used as a last
> > resort (after the striped area is completely full)?

I don't have the expertise to know for sure but that makes sense to me. I
would just make 3 partitions -- you can always just save the 1GB partition
for something else -- swap or a backup partition.

--

Stephen

If your desktop gets out of control easily,
you probably have too much stuff on it that
doesn't need to be there.
         Donna Smallin, "Unclutter Your Home"