Re: [linux-lvm] "broken" snapshot volume -- how to remove?

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 08:21:59PM +0200, Helge Bahmann wrote:
> I *have* to bring the vg into a consistent state and I urgently need to
> drop the snapshot volume -- is there any tool to manipulate lvm purely in
> userspace that can simply delete the snapshot volume?

LVM2 userspace tools would do this:
  Source code from http://sources.redhat.com/lvm2/
  To stop them talking to the kernel:
    configure --disable-devmapper
  before compiling.

And of course you must deactivate all your LVs before using
them (ie vgchange -an).

Alasdair
--
agk redhat com