Re: [linux-lvm] LVM2 snapshots on root fs

On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 01:03:30PM +0200, Thomas Klaube wrote:
> Whenever I try to create a LVM (version 2) snapshot of the lvm
> containing the root fs my machine crashes. I am using SuSE 9.1 (kernel

We don't support pvmove or snapshots of volumes used by the tools themselves.

It is possible to snapshot the root volume, but the method is probably
distribution-specific. Certain changes to the tools may make it easier
to support: a general parameterised script might be possible.

Alasdair
--
agk redhat com