[linux-lvm] How to detect lvm1 configuration using lvm2 utlititles?

Hi all:

I have just installed LVM2 onto my system.

Using LVM2 utilities and kernel modules, how do we detect lvm1
configurations/metadata that are stored in the disk?

Similiar, using LVM2 utilities, how do we create lvm1
configurations/metadata that lvm1 utilities can interpret?

Thanks,

Stanley