[linux-lvm] Extending a LVM2 strip set

lemons_terry at emc.com lemons_terry at emc.com
Fri Sep 24 17:10:44 UTC 2004

So, when I add the two additional disks, which I want to be striped, I would
do:

lvextend --stripes 2 -- extents {nnnnn}{volumegroup} /dev/system/lvol0

And I'll end up with two 2-stripe sets, concatendated together?

So, when data is written to these extending LV, will the data fill the first
two striped disks before writing to the second two striped disks, or will
writes be sent across all four disks?

Thanks
tl