[linux-lvm] Problem at boot time with Mandrake 10.1 community

Pascal Garcia dld dld.pascal.garcia at wanadoo.fr
Sat Sep 25 13:19:26 UTC 2004

Hello,
here is my problem :
I installed on a test disk the new version of Mandrake, kernel
2.6.8.1mdk.
I have one partition, unique element of a VG named rootvg.
On the vg I created 2 reiserfs partitions one for / and one for /home,
and a swap partition.

No problem with the installation as long as I create the vg or use an
existing vg. (In an other mail, I will detail the problem entcountered
when freeing a vg during installation process).

When booting, I can select the kernel I want with lilo and then, in the
list of messages 2 concerning the vg, saying approximately :
- The lv is not available
- The lv is not complete and mounted read only.

Then a kernel panic occurs.

An install without LVM works. The same configuration works fine with
Mandrake 10.0 and kernel 2.6.3.16mdk. I think the problem is related to
the LVM, but do not know what to do.

Help

Thanks

Pascal Garcia