[linux-lvm] Recovering data from an LVM filesystem?

Fritz Platzke fritz at milkpotato.org
Thu Apr 28 14:03:14 UTC 2005

Sorry, for the newbie question but I've been searching for days and I
can't find the answer to my problems. I recently lost a machine with an
lvm filesystem. I have since put another together a replacement but
there is data on the old drive that I need to retrieve. How do I get it?
More specifically how do I mount the partitions from the old drive? I'm
totally lost with this filesystem. Thanks in advance. And again, sorry
for the dumb question.

Fritz Platzke