[linux-lvm] vg works fine under FC3, but not FC4

john_gore at yahoo.com john_gore at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 16 07:26:00 UTC 2005

My vg mounts fine under fc3, but when i installed fc4 on a new drive, I cant bring in the vg. I get errors for hdc like "Couldn't find device with uuid..." and PV unknown device (from pvscan).

I can plug back in the old boot drive and run under fc3 and things work well.

The vg consists of 1 lv and 2 pv drives configured as:

my_vg:
  my_lv1:
     hdc2 (ext2)
     hdd (single partition as ext2)

The old hda boot disk is ext3 running FC3 and the new hda boot disk is running the dafault lvm partitions under FC4.

hdc is formatted with boot and swap on hdc1 and hdc5 - probably this was from an earlier install (although I did have these disks plugged in while installing FC4 - when the installer started asking about reformatting hdc and hdd, I powered down, unplugged these drives, and redid the install)

Any ideas to try?

- John