[linux-lvm] vg works fine under FC3, but not FC4

john_gore at yahoo.com john_gore at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 16 19:40:27 UTC 2005

Thanks, I guess the right way to do this is to use fdisk to remove partitions 1 and 5, then extend the lv to cover the whole disk, then use resize2fs or ext2resize to resize the filesystem

This seems preferrable to reverting to version 2.00 and maintaining an old version

Thanks, John

Alasdair G Kergon <agk at redhat.com> wrote:
On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 12:26:00AM -0700, john_gore at yahoo.com wrote:
> My vg mounts fine under fc3, but when i installed fc4 on a new drive, I cant bring in the vg. I get errors for hdc like "Couldn't find device with uuid..." and PV unknown device (from pvscan).

Check for a bogus partition table.

If a device (e.g. /dev/hdd) is partitioned, you can't use /dev/hdd as the PV
but have to use one of its partitions instead e.g. /dev/hdd1.
If something like this happened, you need to remove the partition table.

Alasdair
agk at redhat.com